Thursday, July 30, 2009

How do i bleach my hair w/ peroxide?

im really bored..and crazy..and wanna bleach my hair from brown to to white with peroxide..i read through some search results but no one ever really explained how it actually works? fo you have to soak your head and leave in it for a long time or what? thx



How do i bleach my hair w/ peroxide?

What I've always done in the past (I've gone from blood red to white and then from black to white) is I go to my nearest beauty supply store. There are two things you are looking for and they're fairly cheap.



1) A large bottle of "developer". I use 40 volume. If you have any questions as to what this means, just ask the person there, they should know what you're talking about. I buy in bulk so I can have enough to touch up roots later.



2) If you want it fast and super light the first time you do it, I suggest going with a powder add in that you simply stir into the developer before you put it on your head. Quik Blue is my favorite when it comes to this, but there are others. Just look for something that has a blue/violet or neutral tone. What this does is it cancels out the golden and orange tones in your hair thus making it true white instead of a strawberry blond. The instructions on what ratio between the two you should use will be on the back. Again, if you're confused, ask someone. If they don't have powder, look for a blue/violet based toner (it's liquid).



After you've got these two (or one if you're skipping out on the powder) ingredients, mix in a sturdy plastic bowl and apply with a brush. Be careful to avoid your neck and face (apply some Vaseline around your face line cause this stuff will burn it)! Let it chill in there a while and make sure you stay in a well ventilated room... it's pretty toxic. :P



Play some games do whatever, either way you're going to want to check on it every 20 minutes or so and move aside some of the mixture to get a good look at your hair. And as it gets closer to your desired color, make the check trips more frequent or just stay in the bathroom.



Wash it out and you should have some awesome do it yourself white hair. Warning, this dries out your hair like no one's business... but all bleaching does. You might want to look into some DEEP conditioning stuff to boost your hair back to its spunky self and during your usual showers, keep the conditioner on longer than you normally would.



Hope this helps!



How do i bleach my hair w/ peroxide?

Thats a great idea if you want to damage your hair and scalp.



seriously don't do it.



How do i bleach my hair w/ peroxide?

First, don't use peroxide, thats just asking for trouble, If your smart you would most likely buy a bleach kit but if you must know



You simplely put in it your hair and either sleep with it or do some activity untill the disired color is reached



You might need a color stripper it take out the yellow tones tho.



How do i bleach my hair w/ peroxide?

if you use peroxide on brown hair it will turn red or orange. best to see a professioal for help.



How do i bleach my hair w/ peroxide?

You can not bleach your hair with peroxide alone. It will only make your hair feel dry. Household peroxide is around 6% per volume. To lighten hair without sun, you need to use 20 volume or higher peroxide (Volume depends on how much lighter you need to go and how dark your hair is to begin with). At any rate, peroxide is just a developer, something used to create a chemical reaction whether it is used with color pigment or bleach. But, alone ,by itself, it won't get you what you are wanting, Sorry!



How do i bleach my hair w/ peroxide?

It's only ever properly done by a professional



for one because it's dangerous, your working with very potent chemicals, you can easily burn your scalp and sinch your hair if you don't do it properly



for another reason you should see a professional is if your hair is rather dark it could take a few treatments to turn your hair the desired colour



I have bleached my hair before from black to white and it seriously damaged my hair, but because I'm female my hair took longer to grow out, but my mother (a hair stylist) bleached my hair I didn't burn my scalp but it did rather irritate my skin (which is unavoidable); it also took three treatments to get it blonde



so I would see a pro if I were you



good luck!



I

No comments:

Post a Comment